Monday, August 12, 2013

Garlic Harvest, a week later

After one week the harvested garlic was ready for a trim. I cut the tops off to about 8 inches on all except the European porcelain. 

These were not quite as ripe and the tops were still quite green compared to the others.
I kept a few of the bulbil tops just in case.

These are the teeny tiny ones from the Porcelain type.
Since there were a few head that were a bit loose and when that happens it seems sow bugs find their way into the heads. I brought several into the house to be used soon.
I also decided a batch of melted garlic was in order, so proceeded to do that. Here is the procedure from a Facebook note.

No comments: